Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vegetable Korma Curry

Ah, curry. An important part of vegetarians' diets everywhere. I had a hankering for Indian food, which, fortunately for me, was pretty easy to satisfy since I had a bunch of vegetables and newly purchased korma curry sauce. This was the result:

Like all things brown and chunky, it was hard to make it look good.

I used this curry sauce...
Punny.
and really liked it. It wasn't very spicy, which is my preference anyway, and had a really wonderful cardamom-clove-coconut flavor. The vegetables I used - potatoes, cauliflower, tomatoes, and carrots - went really well with the sauce.

Vegetable Korma Curry

Ingredients:
olive oil
2 large or 3 small potatoes, parboiled and diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 can diced tomatoes (can use also use fresh)
1/2 cup cauliflower (frozen or fresh)
1 bag korma curry sauce (directions also on bag)

Sauté vegetables until mostly cooked, beginning with potatoes and carrots since they take longer. Then lower heat, add curry sauce, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.

Serve over rice - brown basmati is nice.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like all the cool kids are parboiling these days....

    ReplyDelete